Why Choose Us
Flourtown Audiology is operated by Dr. Lisa Mariello-Baiada in her hometown of Flourtown, PA. A graduate of St. Genevieve School and Mount Saint Joseph Academy, Dr. Mariello-Baiada is happy to have her practice serving the Flourtown community and surrounding areas.
Dr. Lisa Mariello-Baiada has had an interest in the sciences from an early age, ultimately inspiring her to pursue a career in healthcare. As a graduate student, the field of Audiology began to appeal to her after researching the ototoxic effects of certain medications and the prevalence of hearing loss in today’s society.
Prior to opening Flourtown Audiology, Dr. Mariello-Baiada served as an audiology consultant at the Pennsylvania Ear Institute at Salus University. Her focuses include diagnostic evaluations, hearing aid fittings and check-ups and tinnitus evaluations across the pediatric and adult patients. Her goal for the practice is to improve her patient’s quality of life and assist them with their hearing healthcare needs.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from Delaware Valley College in Doylestown, PA.
- Master of Science in Microbiology from Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA.
- Doctorate in Audiology from Salus University in Elkins Park, PA.
- Audiology Extern at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.
- Co-presenter of “Symptomatic Vestibular and Auditory Dysfunction at 25: A Case Study Pertaining to Significance of Early Detection and Care” at the 2011 conference of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology in Bonita Springs, FL.
About UsWe pride ourselves on a being a very patient-centered practice. We always take the time to listen to you so we can better understand the day-to-day challenges you are facing as a result of hearing difficulties. We find that this is the best way to develop treatment goals and intervention strategies that are both relevant and achievable.
Your Goals Are Our GoalsWe promise to work closely with you to discover where you are having the most difficulty communicating. Then, we will collaborate with you to determine the best solution to increase your ability to hear and understand in the situations you describe. If that solution includes hearing aids, then we are committed to recommending the technology that:
- Works best for your level of hearing loss
- Complements your lifestyle and
- Fits within your budget
Developing a Long-Term PartnershipChoosing a hearing professional is one of the most important decisions you will ever make and the personal relationships you will develop with our staff will continue long after your initial appointment. We understand that ongoing counseling, periodic adjustments and regular hearing aid cleanings are vital to your continued satisfaction with your investment in better hearing and we are committed to being here to support your every need.
Continuing EducationAlthough we’re smart enough to know that we don’t know everything, we’re dedicated enough to try! To make sure we stay on top of both the the latest advances in technology and the current research related to hearing we attend many conferences, seminars and conventions every year. In addition we belong to a variety of professional organizations that provide us with a wealth of information.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA),
- American Board of Audiology (ABA).
- American Tinnitus Association
- Vestibular Disorders Association
- International Board of Hearing Instrument Specialists